It has been a long journey but I am having a great time learning about this part of Europe. Honestly, I did not know what to expect in Greece or in Turkey and it has been an incredible experience. The Celestyal Crystal Cruise was the best way to get a taste of each of the Greek Islands and experience this part of the world.
You may think that I have abandoned you but I have not. I have been traveling to new destinations, learning and meeting with new partners so I can share it with you. I took off for three weeks to Europe with another fellow travel advisor. We went to Greece first and spent three nights in Athens (one night before our greek cruise and two nights after). We embarked on a seven days cruise to the greek islands.
Here are things that you should know about the Celestyal Cruises
1. The ships are very small and hold up to 1200 people but usually sails with 800 to 900 people which makes you feel like you have more space and less crowded
2. This cruise line is owned and operated by Greece therefore, are experts on the destination you are visiting
3. The food is so delicious that you could spend the whole day eating
4. The crew is incredibly accessible and friendly. Anything you ask, they make it happen. As a vegetarian, I always look for those options. On grilled food day, there was all kinds of Paella for everyone, except for vegetarians. I told the chef about it and he told me that next day he would make one just for me. I showed up at the buffet and didn't say anything and went on to get something to eat and he found me and told me that my paella was on its way. Now that's incredible!
5. Part of the crew was Cuban and the Entertainment Team was all from Cuba as well. So, you are in for a treat with great dancers and singers. Be ready to dance all night!
6. This is not a fancy ship but the food, the entertainment, the crew and the service you receive makes it all worth it. You have to use this ship as a your transportation from one island to the next and your accommodation. If you are looking for something fancy, this is not the cruise line for you.
7. You have two excursions included with the cost of your cruise.
8. Transportation is included from and to the ship when booking excursions
9. Make sure you are camera ready because there will be a photographer at the gangway snapping photos of you when disembarking on every port.
10. Tips are included but a little extra goes a long ways specially for crew members from Cuba.
Should you like to learn more about my journey through Greece, make sure to follow me on my social media channels. I have been posting photos and videos there every day and when you are ready to embark on an adventure through Europe, reach out to me to work together in curating your trip. I'd be happy to be your travel planning partner.
Sheyla was born and raised in Cuba. Moved to the United States 21 years ago. She is a Journalist, Actress, Producer, and Photographer with a passion for travel. Sheyla launched the travel agency out of her desire to share her culture, music, dance, and the architecture of her homeland with others. Her agency provides travel arrangements to all Latin countries, the Caribbean islands and Europe. She has several award wining short films and was recognized as a leading media personality in the Latino community in Tennessee with the award “Beacon of Light” in 2019. Sheyla was one of the few Cuban-American journalists selected to travel to Cuba with President Barack Obama in 2016 as part of the White House Press Corp. Sheyla is an ASTA Verified travel advisor, Signature Travel Network Luxury Certified Travel advisor and several destination specialist in the Caribbean and Latin America. She is also certified in Luxury River and Ocean cruises.
Let's Connect! ¡Conectémonos!
Join us on Facebook to stay in the know on all of our offerings!
¡Únase a nosotros en Facebook para mantenerse al tanto de todas nuestras ofertas!
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP / Únete a mi grupo de Facebook
Follow us on Social Media / Síguenos en los medios sociales
Share the knowledge
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.